What is r12?
r12 True Spirituality is a new church campaign and family of growth resources for relational discipleship. It inspires and guides believers to become authentic disciples through a verse by verse expositional “unpacking” of Romans 12.
In a world of spiritual options, most people are customizing their spirituality - and yet they believe they are spiritually healthy and “good” Christians. How many truly know what God wants from them - or have the wrong idea of what it means to be a spiritually mature, authentic disciple?
Recent research has shown that church programs are not producing mature Christians. And sincere Christians have tried lots of dead-end, theologically flawed, and quick-fix spiritual approaches that have left them unfulfilled, disappointed or disillusioned. It's not surprising that so many feel lost, stuck or sidelined.
The r12 church strategy starts out with correcting that misunderstanding ....it’s about inspiring and guiding people to give God what He really wants - and become who He wants us to be.
Why it’s Different
r12 is not about being religious, keeping rules, developing programs, church growth, self-actualization, or spiritual formulas for success. Rather, it’s about taking inventory of your relationships and helping you find Biblical answers to some of the most important questions in your life...
Life’s Significant Questions
- The search for Biblical answers...
· How to give God what He wants most?
· How do you get God’s best for your life?
· How do you come to grips with the real you?
· How can you experience authentic community?
· How do you overcome the evil aimed at you?
5 Key Relationships
- The context of a living faith...
· Relationship with God
· Relationship with the world’s values
· Relationship with yourself
· Relationship with believers
· Relationship with nonbelievers
r12 Biblical Responses
- The profile of an authentic disciple...
· Surrender to God - Romans 12:1
· Separate from the world’s values - Romans 12:2
· Sober in self-assessment - Romans 12:3-8
· Serving in love - Romans 12:9-13
· Supernaturally responding to evil with good - Romans 12:14-21
A Proven Pathway...
r12 provides a pathway to help believers become more like Jesus everyday because it’s...
· Relational (not rule keeping)
· Grace-based (not performance-oriented)
· Faith Focused (not trying harder)
· Practical (not simply the ideal)
r12 provides a START HERE (or re-start) for most Christians:
“I recently gave my life to Christ...”
- START HERE - r12 helps them start the Christian journey in the right direction
"I've been at church all my life, but I don't feel close to God..."
- START HERE - r12 provides a path to spiritual breakthroughs that isn’t reliant on “trying harder.”
"I'm tired. I've done all the programs. It's time for me to sit out for a while..."
- START HERE - r12 meets them right where they are with a pathway back to healthy engagement with God and a church family.
“My relationship with Christ is the center of my life...”
- START HERE - r12 gives them a pathway to disciple others...perhaps for the first time.
How the r12 Church-wide Series Works:
The key to a church-wide series is focus with multiple reinforcements. Most people hear a sermon on the weekend and then different teaching in their small group, devotional book, Bible reading, etc. during the week. The result is a lot of information that doesn’t go very deep. A church-wide series simply provides FOCUS on one key theme each week and then drives the theme deeper into the lives of the congregation by reinforcing it several times during the week.
Questions People Ask...
What is true spirituality?
Surrender to God
How do I give God what He wants the most?
Separate from the World’s Values
How do I get God’s best for my life?
Sober in Self-Assessment
How do I come to grips with the real me?
Serving in Love
How do I experience authentic community?
Supernaturally Responding to Evil with Good
How do I overcome the evil aimed at me?
Weekly Reinforcements: The r12 themes are found throughout Scripture, not just in one passage. That’s why r12 comes to life with teachings from the Old Testament, Paul’s writing in the New Testament and in the life of Christ.